Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Thing 19 - Hobbies

I have been making great use of the Spotify app.  I took the challenge of making a play list for the library.  I tailored it toward music I prefer, but also music that is easy to listen to without being too distracting.  I like jazz, so I downloaded about 10 jazz classics--including Take the A Train--one of my favorites.  My co-worker is from the big band era, so I downloaded some Glenn Miller and Jimmy Dorsey.  My other co-worker was a teenager in the 80's so I downloaded some popular hits from that era.  I was listening to it today, but no one was here because of a raging spring snowstorm outside.  Spotify seems to be better at current music, which I like also and need to explore more.  I had to browse the "Decades" section to find the 40s, 80s and 70s music.  Making a play list for myself was very easy--just tap to add.  I also like the feature that I didn't have to listen to the whole song--just enough to know what it is.  I haven't tried, but I like the radio feature, where I can listen to a certain type of music.  I don't quite understand the "following" feature. I'm not really into the interactive aspects of some of my apps.  I also downloaded the garden app and the sibley lite app.  I think the $19.99 version might be kind of nice to take out in the field, but for now, I use the hard copy of Sibleys.  I'll explore the Sibleys app when I get home since it takes forever to download programs at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment