Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thing 7 Pinterest

Having twenty something daughters means that I have been introduced to Pinterest.  They and their friends love this website.  I think it started with the weddings.  It was a good place to get ideas, then of course these young women moved on to homes and recipes and now they are pinning baby things.  I have stumbled upon it while looking for crafting ideas.  My co-worker, Carolyn and I were looking for things to do with some Reader's Digest Condensed books besides dump them in the trash, and this site offered many ideas from making journals, to purses to secret boxes.  I now have an account and am following some libraries and book sites.  I also  have knitting and recipe sites for hobbies.  I have to say that Pinterest is fun--it is like visual bookmarks.  I know that it is being used with the summer reading program to get ideas--might also be useful for storytime.  I plan to use it when I start planning summer reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment