Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thing 3 Utilities

I had some fun this afternoon using my new toy to get information.  I downloaded the scanner code app and the google googles app.  I found and maybe this is not always the case, but that the Red Laser app is mostly for advertisement.  I found two codes--both were ads--mascara in an Avon booklet and gardening products in Mother Earth magazine.  I used Google Goggles to take a picture of a poster and a book.  In both cases, I got immediate accurate information about the items.  I think I may use this feature if I want to know more about a book or movie.  Based on my two experiences, I think the library will have a greater use for Google Goggles since the scanner codes are mostly for ads.  I did a little looking around google + and it seems like it is trying to be another network.  At least I was asked to find people and colleagues with this so I can share things with them.  Right now, I'm thinking that I don't need one more network.  I do use Facebook, but Linked In is just an annoyance since it comes up every time I get on the computer.  I am not looking for a job and it seems like some of these network sites are for career advancement.  I tried to download the ihome sleep app and it was only for mobile phones--mine is a tablet.  I already have an alarm clock on my device (I tried it and it works great)  Anyway, I give a resounding thumbs up for Google Goggles and I like the fact that I can get the information when a scanner code is presented.
Cover artCover art

No comments:

Post a Comment