Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thing 4 -- Flipboard vs. Zite

Having taken a look at both Flipboard and Zite, I have to say that I prefer Zite.  I like that I can choose some general categories initially.  The feature that allows me to give articles a thumbs up or down is supposed to work to keep giving me similar articles.  The "flip" feature however, is a nice part about that app.  You just flip pages over to see new stories.  The stories I mostly got were celebrities in their underwear--Beyonce and Eddie Murphy's daughters.  Flipboard takes longer to load, although I did find a library article that mentioned the 23 Mobile Things--guess this program is wider than just Minnesota.  The Zite site was even able to connect to my blog--I shared a story about 100 books to read in your lifetime.  I will see if that worked.  I tried to find some blogs on the flip board site, but couldn't find any local ones.  I did find some on the 23 Mobile Things site though and I am now following some other bloggers from ECRL, but I am following them through Blogger, not Flipboard.  One thing that has been nice is to realize that there are so many choices in what apps to use and then if they aren't useful, they can easily be uninstalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment