Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thing 6 - Making a document



I downloaded the Cloud App for my device to try to use the making document feature.  I like that the app looks a lot like microsoft Word which I use quite a lot, but I also was a little frustrated because it wasn't exactly the same.  I couldn't find a highlight feature so that I could change the size of the font after I had typed something.  I also forgot to name my document initially, so I didn't have a good way to retrieve it and keep working on it.  I did figure that one out on my second document.  I also could not cut and paste--that feature was greyed out.  Despite this, I can see the usefulness of this app if you need to generate a document. When I was teaching, I constantly had to make up quizzes, syllabuses, assignment sheets etc.  You would be able to work on those on the small device and then open them up later to print.  I'll bet students use these for homework also.  
I was also impressed that Google had a few of my other documents on file--mostly attachments from email.  My daughter's resume was among the documents that came up along with an old Christmas letter that wouldn't open up.  Maybe this feature can also be used for viewing documents that are sent via email.  Although, I probably will use my regular-sized computer to generate documents, it is nice to know that I can use my tablet for this purpose also.

No comments:

Post a Comment