Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thing 10 - Sharing Photos

Instagram

I have been seeing the "instagram" label on pictures on Facebook so it was fun to try out this app.  One thing I really like about it is that you can edit the picture before it gets posted.  You can add frames, brighten up the shot, make it black and white and overall make it a more interesting picture.  My daughters use this site. Having said that, I think I might be the wrong demographic for this app for a variety of reasons.  First of all, I don't have a smart phone.  I would have to lug my tablet around if I wanted to take pictures while socializing, which I am not inclined to do.    Secondly, I'm a little old for the selfies.  Finally, my on-line presence isn't that rich.  My daughters have been on facebook starting with college and going through many important life changes, so looking back on 2010 is a big difference for them (throwback Thursday).  I probably look about the same and have the same job, friends, home, hobbies etc.   But, just because I don't use it personally, doesn't mean I can't use it at the library.  We have storytimes, book discussions, visiting artists and other things that it is nice to advertise.  I was able to take some instagram shots of a glass sculptor named Tony Michaud-Scorza when he came for an art showing last Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Great job finding a library use for the Instagram app! Can’t wait to see what else you and your library do with it - and all the other apps :-). Keep it up!

    John Meyerhofer
    CMLE 23 Mobile Thing Coach

    ReplyDelete